Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Corpse Grinders


A trashy layer of grit, dirt and greed exhumes this picture into a drive-in classic status that I presume could only be achieved by the disgusting guise of The Corpse Grinders. I really wish and want to give full disclosed credit to the late, great Herschell Gordon Lewis for this one, but I can't. He had nothing to do with this film, and that actually makes me quite ecstatic because that means that there are other filmmakers out there that have just as much of a damaged imagination as The Godfather of Gore. Beautiful. Magnifique. Superb. I went into this thinking that it was just going to be a boring 70's "gore" let-down, but I was wrong. It is one from that era of terror where it grabs hold of you right when it starts, and it won't let up it's grasp. The cat biting that woman at the beginning is painful and awkward, but somehow it sucks you in to watch the rest. At least that's what it did to me. When the Lotus cat food company starts running out of ingredients, they stumble upon the fact that cats love human flesh. Of course, you know the rest. It's obvious. Even just from the poster itself, I'm sure you've already figured everything else out. 

Cute girls always smoke.

Homeliest couple ever to wet my eyes.

Dead, shocked corpses. And a loud duck out of nowhere.

I'm not even going to ask why there is a doll at the table that has to be fed soup.

Someone call the fire department, this one's out of control!

Nurses are my thang.

I knew there was a reason why I hate cats.

 Caleb must be pretty desensitized to be eating some jerky while digging up the dead.

Vomiting sounds like a sane thing to do at the moment.

Felines love human flesh.

 Charlie didn't kill Sharon! It was a black cat!

Whatever you have to do to make some cash, even if that means killing random patrons and shoving them into the meat grinder. The Corpse Grinders really is just another expose' telling the story of these two jackasses that let the almighty dollar sign get in the way of their morality, and people get ground up into the Lotus cat food for high profit. That's the only way I can explain this ghastly 70's film, and that's the only way I'm going to explain it. Even though it seems like I've been putting this down the whole time, really, I haven't. I dug into this with my cat claws and found a solid weirdo movie that I want to have a copy of on dvd whenever I can find one. Now, If you'll excuse me, I have some cat nip to smoke.      

No comments:

Post a Comment