Thursday, January 26, 2017

Scarecrow Slayer


After watching the first Scarecrow film recently, I had some decently high hopes that the sequel would be just as fun purely from a principle standpoint. Unfortunately, that isn't how my vision ended up. Even with the good graces and legendary acting skills of Tony Todd (The Candyman) couldn't even pull this one out of the mud pit. Scarecrow Slayer just outright swallows hairy rhino balls, and it really only made me laugh when the special effects were so horrid on-screen, that I really had no choice but to just sit in my chair and chuckle to myself. It's one of those horror films where I wish I drank an entire case of beer while I watched it because it would have been the only sane way to make it through. An endurance film. Like I said, this was such a let down that I fell asleep around the 50 minute mark two nights in a row, and I had to go back and try to re-watch the ending twice. Let me tell you, it wasn't worth it. I just hope that if I ever get around to consuming the third film in this franchise (Scarecrow Gone Wild) that it's at least somewhat better than this. Even if Tony Todd and Tiffany Shepis come back-they better not fuck it up.

That death... I... I don't know what to say.

It breaks my black, shriveled heart that Tiffany Shepis didn't come back for this.

  "The candy man can because he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good."

My wife would love that alien coffee mug.

Damn, these computer effects are cornier than the dump I took this morning.

Sometimes I wish I was agoraphobic.

"Mary, he has, like, 100 black belts! He can take care of himself!"

So, does the scarecrow still have Lester's spirit, or does it have David's now? I'm confused.

If Mushroomhead needs a new guitar player, the scarecrow is always a solid choice.

A main requirement to pass med school is to be a cheating bastard.

"She's fine, she's with doctors." Terrible, terrible logic.

  Terrible logic also consists of sitting down, getting some delicious food ready, cracking open a beer, and putting Scarecrow Slayer in your dvd player. There isn't anything redeeming about this film unless you are a diehard Tony Todd fan and you absolutely can't go on living unless you see every film he's ever been in. And even then you would be stretching it at that point because the original Scarecrow flick is entertaining in it's faulty state-the sequel isn't. Sorry Candyman fans, steer clear of this one. You should go get your sugar fix else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment