Sunday, January 1, 2017

InHuman Resources


Not to far back in the near past, Fangoria put out a handful of their own, in-house brand horror flicks for us sickies to enjoy in the comfort of our own blood and pus soaked living rooms. I only own a couple of these indie funded gore-gems, and InHuman Resources is one that I found a copy of randomly at the Goodwill that my wife and I generously donate to on a regular basis (we always have shit to dispose of). So, basically for our hard work of giving the things we don't need anymore so those that don't have much can, I in turn scavenged up a copy of a flick to add to my shelf. The universe just always seems to even itself out, doesn't it? The way that I view InHuman Resources is this: it's basically the office version of Saw. That's kind of all there is to it. A bunch of idiots, degenerates and assholes get captured, handcuffed to a big office table or desk (complete with all their own pasts they'd rather forget of course), and they have to play a game. A game where they must type up a certain amount of words a day or there are consequences. You wouldn't think a movie like this would be very violent or gory, but you'd be sorely mistaken-and not only that, the whole thing just makes you feel very uneasy. Like if you were there, you would want to get the hell out of there too. So it achieved it's purpose.

 What woman doesn't look good in red?

Anabelle makes me want to take my pants off.

I'm assuming "Bullet Girls" is similar to "Suicide Girls"?

I've heard of being connected to your co-workers, but this is just to much.

Oh, so it's actually like being at work. Bummer.

Referencing "Hook in Mouth" at this juncture turned out to be rather pointless.

Even John Dillinger had an escape plan.

   Diplomacy from a psychic is not the answer. Killing this asshole is.

The regional manager of being a psychotic douche bag.

Thanks for ripping my finger nail off, bro.

It all adds up in the end.

 Being fair is difficult sometimes, but I have to give it to InHuman Resources-it's the perfect blend of unease, heavy atmosphere and violence because violence towards regular people in these types of situations always seems to be the norm. Unfortunately, Thomas Reddmann has to have these people prove his innocence. At the same time though, the people that don't play along with his little game get hacked anyway, so he's still guilty of some kind of murder. Even though I really enjoyed how this film was pieced together in the end, the vicious cycle that centralizes this movie is the fact that no matter how long ago something happened was, somehow that shadow always finds it's way back. Watch yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment